We manage hotels on the West coast of Canada and the USA. We have downtown and airport hotels in prime locations.
Ideally, we are seeking a seasoned (10 years) bookkeeper or accountant who has knowledge of the hotel industry and is well versed on hotel accounting
You will be the sole accountant so a thorough working knowledge/experience as a hotel accountant is essential as is full cycle accounting, bank reconciliations and control measures.
We are looking for a candidate that is very proficient with computers and computer programs. We also use Excel for budgetary purposes.
The job is located in downtown Vancouver.
You will be responsible for the accounting of two hotels: one at Vancouver airport and the other at Calgary airport.
• Communicating with management and external accountants regarding overall status of the Hotel and related properties;
• Prepare accounting files for review engagement
• Prepare reports as required by the Hotel General Manager to facilitate the operation of the hotel
• Ensure financial records are in order and organized
• Prepare reports as required by the lender and Franchisor
• Submit information on payroll to Ceridian and administer all payroll related requirements
• Submit Government remittance, GST, WCB
• Monthly financial reporting to owners
• Administer HR requirements
• Look over contracts
• Accounts receivable/collections
• Accounts payable
• Reconciliation of travel agents commission
• Reconciliation of franchise reports, remittances for franchise fees
• Remittance of tourism levy
• Remittance of destination marketing fund
• WCB annual report
• Price comparison analysis
• Other accounting related duties as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Mask, limiting interaction to three, social distancing.
View original article here Source