Do you have a passion for Perioperative nursing? Are you wondering what it’s like to be a nurse in the Operating Room? Watch Janice’s story.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with a real dedication for delivering compassionate care to join our Cardiac, OR at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster, BC.
Fraser Health is BC’s largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based, long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities – all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for perioperative nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team providing a range of different surgical interventions.
Build on your career experience by:
- Delivering direct nursing care
- Assessing patients physical and psycho-social needs
- Evaluating and coordinating nursing care and performing scrubbing and circulating duties
- Participating in identifying and reducing risk factors that may impact patient care
- Participating as an active member on nursing and hospital committees and councils for improvement of patient care and/or work environment.
Your background includes:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- One (1) year’s recent relevant clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area, and completion of post graduate course work/and or certification applicable to the Operating Room or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
This role is a part-time position located at Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) in New Westminster, BC. RCH is a provincial referral hospital (tertiary/trauma care centre) with 422 acute beds that is University of BC Affiliated. RCH is located ½ hour from downtown Vancouver, and close to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants and other amenities.
The city of New Westminster, is located on a hillside overlooking the Fraser River, is the oldest incorporated city in BC, was once the provincial capital, and remains an urban hub of the Lower Mainland. The Royal City, as it is still known, began as a pioneer settlement and evolved into a stately Victorian city, and today remains graced with many grand Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings that you can visit.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Rate: $36.23 – $47.58 / hour
Rate: $36.23 – $47.58 / hour Job ID: 30778388
View original article here Source