Career Opportunity: Electrical Engineer
Come join us here at JPAK Eng where we are always working on the leading edge of industry development. Find us on LinkedIn at https://ca.linkedin.com/in/jeremy-krywcun-7674925a
Our recent projects have included:
– Synchronous generator unit design including both prime power and grid parallel operation.
– Combined Heat and power package design
– Electric Submersible Pump at a Geothermal power plant
– SCADA and control panels for wastewater and water treatment systems
– Major Enhanced Oil Recovery injection plant and surrounding gathering systems
– Sports field lighting for a quad ball diamond complex.
We are not afraid of taking on new challenges and have serviced projects in all of the following industries:
– Oil and Gas
– Water treatment and wastewater management
– Geothermal power production
– Steam Methane reforming
– Sports and recreation
– Small commercial development
– Emergency backup power/ combined heat and power
– Grid feed in plants
Our list of skills and services includes but is not limited to the following:
– Utility power application
– Service entrance design
– Complete power distribution including 13.8KV, 4160V, 2400V, 600V, 480V, 240V, 24V etc.
– Solidly grounded and impedance grounded systems
– Cable routing and installation details
– Site control panel spec and design.
– SCADA system spec and design.
– PLC and HMI automation
– Construction management
– Commissioning facilitation
– Startup support.
Just a short drive from Calgary with easy Access from Stoney trail our office is located in Langdon. We are a growing community with lots of amenities including:
– Tim Hortons
– A golf course
– Many restaurants and 2 pubs
– Car wash
– 2 schools
– Ball diamonds
– Kids park close by the office.
If you’re commuting from Calgary or eventually want to call Langdon home it is a great town to work out of.
JPAK is a family run business with currently 2 full time employees and several contractors. We really value well rounded individuals who are problem solvers, have good people skills, value a team environment, and are always looking for opportunities to step up and lead. If this sounds like you then please apply.
Job Summary: The ideal candidate will be working on or leading a projects team. He/She will be responsible for whatever tasks are necessary to guide a project through its full lifecycle. These tasks could include:
– Creating hours estimates and proposals for submission.
– Attending engineering kickoff meetings and gathering any required information from clients.
– Go to locations and perform as building or information gathering and pre job inspections.
– Defining scope of work
– Specifying various electrical equipment for the project and getting client buy in.
– Creating markups for the design package
– Creating the design package
– Applying appropriate codes and standards to your design,
– Performing calculations to ensure correctness of your design,
– Performing or participating in package QA checking
– Performing Total Included cost estimates
– Facilitating bids for major equipment and contractors, Completing bid spreads
– Facilitating construction kickoff meetings
– Inspecting construction or construction management
– Programming of automation controllers
– Facilitating or participating in commissioning
– Assisting with Startup.
This position is about 80 to 90% time spent in the office with 10 to 20% time spent in the field.
The following list is requirements for the position:
– Currently enrolled in or completed a bachelor degree in Engineering
– We are looking for entry level up to 10 years of industry experience
– Must be able to occasionally travel to work sites for various tasks listed above.
– Must be able to pass a drug test.
– Experience working on, operating, or completing the design of synchronous generators is a plus.
– Experience using AutoCad, Solid Works, SKM power tools is a plus.
– PLC programming experience is a plus.
– Field experience or experience operating or any hands on electrical or mechanical experience is a plus.
Please send your resume along with cover letter to ClareS@jpakeng.com.
View original article here Source