Are you mechanically inclined, and love to learn new skills? We have a wonderful permanent job opportunity to join a family owned manufacturing company as a Junior Machine Operator and Labourer. The company manufactures packaging, and we are looking for someone to join the team in a junior capacity, assisting the lead hand to operate the printing press. We are keen to speak to candidates with mechanical aptitude who have previously worked in a manufacturing environment, ideally operating some kind of machine.
The pay is very competitive, with the range between $18 and $22 depending on your experience. The shift is afternoons from 3pm to 1:30am, Monday to Thursday (4 x 10 hours) – you get a long weekend every week, whilst still working full time! The location is in south east Calgary, and although it is easily accessible you will require your own reliable transportation due to the shift finish time.
• Competitive pay – the range is $18 to $22 per hour depending on your experience.
• Condensed work week – 40 hours between Monday to Thursday means a long weekend every week!
• Benefits included after the probation period.
• Long term career opportunity.
• Family owned and run company with a lovely culture – people love to work here!
• Reading and interpreting work orders.
• Setting up all equipment, including ink, plates and materials.
• Feeding materials into the machine.
• Offloading product from the machine.
• Supporting your lead hand and other team member to ensure that production and quality targets are met.
• Keeping your work area clean and safe.
• At least 1 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment – experience as a machine operator is an asset, even if it was not within a different sector.
• Able to stand and walk for a 10 hour shift.
• Able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst still ensuring quality.
• Excellent attention to detail, and highly organized.
• Able to communicate well with colleagues.
• A positive attitude, ready and eager to learn.
If you have the experience detailed above, and are interested in finding out more, we would love to chat with you immediately. You can apply online, or by email, or by phone. Full details are below:
** Online: Apply directly to this job advert or register yourself online at www.randstad.ca
** Email: send your resume directly to the following consultants, stating the job role in the email subject line: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
View original article here Source