Jones Transportation Inc. is a privately owned and operated company with over 20 years of experience in the transportation industry, providing excellence and dedication across North America. We are devoted to employing knowledgeable, committed, and safety conscious employees. With our ever-growing fleet, Jones now operates a Van Division along side Deck Division. We offer competitive rates and benefits and a fast-paced work environment.
We are currently looking for Class 1 Drivers for Highway in Edmonton. This position will mostly entail short or long-haul work. Flat Deck Experience and off-road is required.
We are a diversified company and are looking for people that are flexible to work in all areas.
Jones Transportation is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified interested individuals. We thank all those who apply but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted for these full-time limited positions.
· Valid Class 1 Commercial Driver License with 3 or more years’ experience with Mountain & Off-Road driving.
· Knowledge of load securement techniques and chain, strap and tarp regulations.
· No impaired driving charges & occupational criminal code convictions within the last 5 years with three demerits or Less.
· Compliance with Hours of Service & Cargo Securement Regulations.
· Ability to comply with NSC Regulations.
· Knowledge of DOT regulations.
· Able to follow all provincial laws & regulations, company policies, OH&S, TDG.
· Must be proficient in Mapping out Routes & Finding locations.
· Comfortable with using GPS, Tablets, cell phones, etc.
· Familiar with electronic logging device (ELD) and satellite dispatch
Speak, read and write fluent English.
Pick up and deliver freight in a safe and timely manner
Handle Freight and related documents
Mix of deck work and dry van
Compliant with safety and traffic laws
Perform pre-trip, post trip inspections and necessary preventative maintenance checks
Offer excellent customer service
Perform all other duties as requested
Duties may vary according to business needs.
Minimum 3 years class 1 experience
Flat-Deck: 2 years (Preferred)
Competitive Pay Per Mile ($0.56 to $0.60)
Paid safety training course/orientation
Paid Tarping (hourly)
Extended Medical Benefits (after probationary period)
Maintained Equipment (No slip seating)
Consistent Year-Round Work
Fast-paced Work Environment
Hiring / Referral Bonuses
On site CVIP certified shop
Extended health care
On site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00-$30.00 per hour
View original article here Source