DFC Diesel – Engine Teardown Technician – Edmonton, Alberta
DFC Diesel was founded in 2010 with a goal to change the way people perceive remanufactured diesel engines. DFC changed the game by setting higher standards with industry leading warranties, building an engine better than factory built and giving the customer a better experience; DFC is an industry leader because of their knowledge base and dedication to the customer. DFC seeks to continuously improve to become better year after year and strives to improve the customer experience from the purchase of an engine to DFC’s industry leading claims & warranty process. DFC currently employs over 25 people, remanufactures 80+ engines a month from our 32,000sqft facility and delivers engines to hundreds of companies across North America through their growing distribution network.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Engine Teardown Technician is focused on assembling Ford, Cummins, and Duramax mid-sized truck engines.
Candidate must be detail oriented, efficient, organized, knowledgeable, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Specific Job Tasks
• Responsible to tear down cores and remove all parts using hand and power tools
• To organize cores and components on shelves
• To analyze engines to determine if eligible for rebuild
• As parts are prepped to be put away in appropriate marked areas
• To organize engine blocks on pallets
• To clean components and prep for assembly
• Weekly clean up of core storage area
• Use forklift to re-organize shelving units
• Lifting 50lbs+ using proper lifting techniques, or equipment, bending, and twisting.
• Standing for entire shift
This is a great entry level position for someone that has mechanical ability, tools and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Must be detailed oriented, efficient, organized, and good work ethic.
There is a very strong compensation package available for the right person (2) weeks paid vacation and health & benefits plan).
While we thank you in advance for your interest and application, please be advised that we will only be responding to candidates selected for further consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
• Mechanical experience (2years)
• Familiar with using hand and power tools
• Possess strong attention to detail
• Should be a quick learner and show a willingness to learn
• Forklift certification (minimum 2 years)
• Good knowledge of automotive parts
• Must be able to operate independently as well as in a team structure
You must possess all the requirement/experience stated to be considered for an interview.
View original article here Source