Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty On-Road Fleet Mechanic
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Red Seal Commercial Transport or Heavy-Duty On-Road Fleet Mechanic!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $50.41/HR Starting wage!
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plans and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
Red Seal Journeyman Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Red Seal Journeyman Technician Qualifications:
- Red Seal in Commercial Transport and or Heavy Duty On-Road.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver’s license required; Air endorsement required; Must be able to obtain Class 2 license within 3 months of hire.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Adhere to provincial CVSE standards and Federal Motor Vehicle Act
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
First Transit is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Job ID: 18541287
First Transit Canada
View original article here Source