Located in edmonton, AB
We have partnered with one of largest public accounting firms in Edmonton, AB seeking a Senior Manager for their Audit Services. Seeking a keen candidate who enjoys relationship building, and bringing in new clients.
This is a vital role as you will be working with the Partners, Senior Managers, Managers and Designated Accountants on First Nations, and a variety of other client engagements, and complex audits.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams
- Plan, scope, and direct complex audit and assurance engagements, as well as budgeting, internal controls, financial and accounting transactions
- Mentor, motivate and coach team 7 designated accountants, junior accountants, and co-op students
- Deliver expert industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high-quality deliverables
- Accountable for project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection, variance recognition)
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Manage a portfolio of clients while ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop a thorough understanding of the firms services, businesses and industry
- Participate in community events including client and company sponsored functions
What We Look For:
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum 7 to 8 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Some travel may be required
- $110,000 – $120,000/year, with benefits, free parking in downtown, 10% bonus and $50.00 phone allowance
- Monday through Friday; 8:00AM to 5:00PM, plus OT 50 hours
Need more information about this role?
Contact Sabby Sekhon, Senior Professional Search Accounting/Finance at (780) 484-5454, or by email Sabby.Sekhon@SRGExpress.com .
Express Office: Edmonton (West) 12220 Stony Plain Road Northwest Suite 103 Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4PandoLogic. Keywords: Audit Manager, Location: Edmonton, AB – T5J 4L2
Job ID: 38397958
View original article here Source