We are searching for an organized and compassionate person to assist Director of the organization as its Team Leader.
The Team Leader essentially manages some of the administrative operations and staff of a small group home which houses a maximum of three residents.
The main responsibility of the Team Leader is to provide the residents with a high quality of life—including superb medical and personal care—while ensuring the efficient operation of the home.
Accordingly, the Team Leader must be proficient in the following areas:
• Administrative Duties
• Personnel management
While a small facility, the work requirements are quite diverse. The PCR home houses residents who require 24/7 assistance with their daily routines and need a continuum of care to maintain their continued health and well-being as they age.
Accordingly, the Team Leader must ensure efficient operation of the home by
• Staff training, supervision, and retention: embraces, motivates and manages all employees in building a cohesive team while establishing a client-focused culture of care, compassion, performance and accountability.
• Maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
• Promotion of the home and its mission to the public
• Disease control/prevention and pharmaceutical control
• Execution of program plans – supports the research, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services for each resident
• Handling employee/resident grievances
• Enforcing company policies
• Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with staff, residents, and resident family members
• Direct resident care (as required)
• Assessing and reassessing the needs of the residents and staff
• Employing counselling and crisis intervention techniques
• Protecting resident rights: promotes and adheres to a disciplined approach in management in order to mitigate health and safety risks.
• Analyzing, and updating policies and procedures as needed for Director approval.
• Familiarity with people with special needs, committed to inclusion and what constitutes “quality of life”.
• Effective leadership skills
• Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating programs
• Highly motivated, resourceful and passionate – demonstrated commitment to issues of inclusive living for persons with developmental disabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to connect to and work within diverse communities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and achieve goals.
• Practical and extensive knowledge risk management techniques
• Must be eligible for security, criminal, and vulnerable sector clearances
• Problem solver, with a keen sense of understanding the big picture
Job Type: Full-time
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Personal Care, Community Based Care, and a leadership role
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
We have continuous masking and use of faceshields on site. Mandatory handwashing prior to and after any and all personal care. Temperature checking and health questionnaire prior to entering residence. Home sanitizing twice daily. Staff do not come to work sick.
View original article here Source