• Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances (Kenworth T680 model)
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
• Ensure freight is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
• Steel handling Experience a definite asset
• Travel between Texas, Los Angeles (California), Alabama and Florida.
• Tarping and untarping may be required and paid. All pickup and drops are paid.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours a week
• Minimum 2 years of experience in truck driving
• Clean accident report, maximum of 3 demerit points
• Class 1 Driver’s License
Languages spoken: English or French
Please send a copy of your CV and driving record in confidence
View original article here Source