Job is located in Calgary, AB or Winnipeg, MB, must relocate. Position is remote during Covid.
At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Content Translator with flawless French to join our team in either Winnipeg or Calgary. This creative, adaptable, and articulate translator will contribute to our customer growth and engagement in Québec.
Our creative team has an impeccable eye for design. The sky’s the limit when it comes to visual solutions, and they thrive working collaboratively to produce original and artistic results that inspire audiences. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful creative designers and artists.
What you’ll be doing:
- Translating clear, concise, error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Adapting messaging for a variety of channels, including but not limited to, website, app, email, social media, radio, blog, direct mail and print for Québecois audiences
- Collaborating with design, engineers, product, and marketing colleagues on new product features and functionality
- Simultaneously working on multiple projects with short deadlines
- Contributing to the development of a terminology termbase that reflects Neo’s brand voice
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in translation/localization or linguistics
- Experience in translating English copy for technical products, digital and traditional marketing channels
- 2+ years of progressive work experience in translation
- Native French speaker with fluency in English
- Familiarity with Québecois culture
- Familiarity with CAT tools and other translation tools including termbases, translation memories and concordancers
- Knowledge of social media advertising preferred
- Knowledge of the world of finance and banking preferred
- Experience with creative writing and/or copywriting preferred
- Proficiency in G-Suite software, including Documents, Sheets, Slides, etc.
What will help you succeed:
- An attention to detail and consistency
- An adaptable high-achiever who is energized by a startup environment
- A team player who loves being part of an agile ecosystem
- You are (very nearly) a perfectionist while also being pragmatic
- A strong belief that ‘there is always better’ that permeates everything you do
- A passion for startups and technology
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.
View original article here Source