Job DescriptionMonday – Friday 6am – 4pm
175 Boul Bellerose West Laval, Quebec, H7L 6A1
Warehouse Associates are responsible for loading, unloading, sorting, staging, and transporting products into and out of the Distribution Centre. Associates in this position must work simultaneously, productively and cooperatively with other Associates with little supervision.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Experience with large counter balance forklifts (10,000 lbs capacity).
- Working in a closed cab forklift.
- Unloading different types of equipment; flatbed trailers, box trailers, containers, box rail cars and center beam rail cars containing lumber product or large commodity items.
- Communicating directly with inbound truck drivers, obtaining paperwork, verifying appointment times and verifying product quantities to paperwork.
- Communicating directly with outbound truck drivers, verifying trailer numbers to BOL’s and signing paperwork on their departure
- Ensuring all safety protocols are followed at all times.
- Use of RF scanner and associated technology.
Minimum Qualifications for Operators
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in safely operating forklift equipment.
- Ability to operate other equipment (Reach Truck, Surfer etc.) is an asset.
- Reasonable comfort level with computers.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, days, and holidays.
- Must have experience operating a counter balance machine.
The Home Depot Canada
View original article here Source