Sales Specialists provide exceptional customer service support and drive sales. Sales Specialists assess customer needs, and guide customer decisions in order to close a sale. Specific store departments may include Décor (Blinds and Wallpaper), Flooring, Kitchen & Bath, Millwork
(Doors and Windows) and Appliances.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Achieving individual sales targets to support overall department goals by facing challenges with an open mind and creating innovative solutions
• Proactively identify customers who need help or have a problem, by asking open ended questions
• Explaining the steps and products needed to complete projects and describing features and benefits of merchandise
• Assisting customers with product knowledge in adjacent departments, special orders and installation services
• 1-2+ years of experience working in a sales driven environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• Excellent reading, communication, math and customer service skills
• Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with computers
• Detail oriented
The Home Depot Canada
View original article here Source