This job is either full-time or part-time depending upon the level of skills the applicant possess.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a Toronto (Etobicoke) based jewellery design and manufacturing firm. We are seeking an experienced and well trained individual to add to our manufacturing team.
Goldsmith (Bench Jeweller, Diamond/Stone Setter)
The Goldsmith will report to Salespersons and Jewellery Designers.
We are seeking an individual who has a passion for jewellery design and manufacturing. The individual will work as part of a team of in-house jewelers and designers to create one of a kind custom pieces, as well as mass production of designer pieces. The pieces will range in complexity and value, from sterling silver, to gold and diamonds pieces.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Sanding and filing raw castings in gold and silver.
• Soldering using oxy-propane torch.
• Polishing to a high polishing finish using flex shaft and buffing machine.
• Fabricating sheet and wire using rolling mills.
• Alloying precious metals and smelting ingots.
• Electroplating jewellery.
• Preferable stone setting experience.
• Preferable micro pave diamond setting experience.
• Grade 12 minimum, but preferably professional training, diploma/degree or apprenticeship in related field.
• 2 years or over experience at the bench.
• Preferable gemology education.
• Team player.
• Speaks, read, writes in English.
• Able to occasionally lift 50-100lb. (ie casting investment, oxygen tanks)
View original article here Source