Position: Counsellor- Family Counselling Program
Job Status: Full time (35 hrs per week)
Salary Range: $25- $29
Closing Date: June 8th, 2021
Start Date: June 28th, 2021
The Counsellor is a member of the Family Counselling Team and provides direct services to the participants of the Elmwood Community Resource Centre. The Counsellor will provide individual counselling and facilitate group therapy on trauma, domestic violence awareness, mental health support.
• Post-secondary degree in the social services field and over 3 years of experience,
• Experience providing therapeutic counselling and crisis support to individual who have experienced domestic violence, trauma, struggling with mental health,
• Experience in the development, organization, and facilitation of groups
• Experience using trauma informed practices, anti-oppression practices and strength-based practices
• Ability to work flexibly in a high stress environment, adapting to the needs of the group/participant
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity is required to work effectively with the diversity of our client base
• Knowledge of the resources available in the community to Individual experiencing barriers to mental health, employment, violence, and trauma.
• Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Non-judgemental and accepting attitude
• Satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
• A valid driver’s licence and a vehicle is a requirement.
• To provide crisis intervention, therapeutic counselling to individuals and families,
• To develop program materials, facilitate online & in-person psycho-educational group as well as therapeutic group.
• To provide public education and training activities including the Awakening and Inspiring Men’s program,
• Develop strategic partnership with other stakeholders including family violence services, and more
• Compile data and submit monthly reports and compile final reports
• Participate in staff meeting and team meetings
• Required to work evening 3 evening shifts
Regular hours of work will be at the ECRC office between 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, however the schedule is flexible to accommodate meetings, and occasional travel within Winnipeg. After 3 months, the employee will be eligible to participate in the benefit plan which includes extended health to be paid 30% by the employee and 70% by the employer, as well as a match of employee contributions to an RRSP account of up to 2% of the employee’s gross salary and 3 weeks of vacation days.
Submit Resumes and a cover letter to:
Submit Resumes and a cover letter indicating the Job Title in the subject line to
Counselling Program Manager E-mail: email@example.com
*Only successful applicants will be contacted to schedule interview times.
View original article here Source