WHO ARE WE?
Hy’s has always been about family, but that does not only mean the founders, the Aisenstats. The Hy’s family includes everyone who has ever worked at Hy’s, and all our loyal guests. Hy’s staff take pride in being part of a successful team and in providing a memorable fine dining experience to our guests. Staff feel part of the Hy’s history and tend to stay for a while. Our guests are part of the family, too – with many being the third or fourth generation to dine with us. For more information on Hy’s of Canada, please visit our website at www.hyssteakhouse.com
WHAT WILL OUR CHEF DO?
The restaurant Chef will work closely with the General Manager to ensure that the standards of Hy’s of Canada are met or exceeded in all areas of kitchen operation. The Chef reports to the restaurant General Manager, and to the Corporate Chef and Chief Operating Officer. The duties of the restaurant Chef include, but are not limited to, thorough understanding of and competence in the following areas:
• Working the various stations in the kitchen
• Taking a hands-on role to ensure quality and consistency in all food preparation
• Showing creativity and flair for specials, banquet menus, special events
• Showing strong and respectful leadership at all times
• Ensuring proper training of all kitchen staff and a positive, goal-oriented work environment
• Supervising proper receiving procedures, maintaining daily inventory and budget for food and labour costs
WHAT EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
Our business is built on exceptional guest service. We set the bar high with our standards of service and strive to exceed guest expectations. To excel in this position, you need to be prepared to deliver outstanding service by having:
• Red Seal Certification and/or formal culinary school training is preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a high volume fine dining restaurant is preferred
• Demonstrated menu planning and high quality food preparation
• Proficiency in inventory and cost management
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Ability to proactively meet guest needs and resolve problems if they arise
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Understanding and knowledge of the fine dining restaurant industry is a definite asset
• The utmost of professionalism and attention to detail
• Strong personal initiative
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
WHAT DO WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES?
Hy’s attracts and retains the best. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive place for people of different orientations, ethnicities, ages, abilities. We are committed to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and conscientious manner. We adhere to high standards of service but also give you independence to develop your own unique approach to serving our guests. We are a friendly company with a personable and professional fine dining service offering. If you like working with a successful team and representing a longstanding, recognized and well-respected brand, this job would be perfect for you. We have plans for opening new restaurants and want the right people to grow with us.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please email or bring your resume to the location where you are interested in working. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted but that we thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Hy’s.
View original article here Source