Our Award-Winning Kindret Landscape Group of companies has been offering full Landscape “Design, Build, Maintain” services in Winnipeg for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on reliable customer service, quality installations, unique and client-driven design processes, skilled and trained tradespeople, and long-standing client relationships.
The Landscape Manager is responsible for the leadership of all operations and sales, including staff and service administration. The incumbent must effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue.. The Landscape Manager must ensure that the department is compliant with all applicable legislation, including but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. This individual must report critical information to the Director of Operations / General Manager concerning financial matters in addition to leading his/her team in the achievement of company objectives.
• Creating estimates and proposals.
• Financial cost and sales reporting.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective sales presentation skills.
• Creative and innovative thinking
• Decision making and judgment
• Development and continual learning
• Safe operations
• Mediating and negotiating
• Results orientation
• Developing relationships with prospective and current customers with the customer’s long-term value in mind and with a focus on expanding these relationships over time through selling additional services and acquiring additional properties from their portfolios.
• Achieve sales and renewal goals, in the landscape maintenance, snow, and enhancement areas.
• Monitor financial performance to ensure the department is meeting budgetary sales and cost estimates.
• Responsible for operational scheduling and monitoring of employees & equipment.
• Ensure that safety is made a priority and that employees are abiding by all Health and Safety regulations.
• Manage and oversee the daily operations. Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
• Oversee technical staff and hires, and train personnel.
• Ensure that new employees are trained and oriented as appropriate for their new positions; performing follow-up sessions to ensure their proper fit within the company.
• Recommend new processes and share best practices for improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
• Look for opportunities for extras – adding value to our customers.
• Analyze and report on the daily, monthly, and annually department’s key performance indicators.
• Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department.
• Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Ensure his/her employees are setting the appropriate priorities.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Must be comfortable with computers, software, mobile applications.
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a technical field preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrable experience in operations.
• Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
• Knowledge in landscaping, maintenance, snow, and/or construction required.
• Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
• Holds a clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures, and other operational issues faced by the organization.
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Maintains a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
• Maintains a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Overtime as required
• Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
• Travel required
• Safety equipment required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
• Work both indoors and outdoors
• This is a full-time position throughout the spring, summer, and fall seasons. This position transitions into winter duties – snow and ice management.
• Competitive wages
• Health Spending Account.
• Attractive benefits package
• Employee appreciation events
• RRSP matching.
Salary $ 55,000 – $ 65,000.
View original article here Source