Deva Jatt Transport Ltd. is a licensed logistics and freight forwarding company. We have a fleet of well-maintained 100 trucks and 300 trailers. We take pride in being regarded as one of the most reliable and affordable transportation service providers in the country. We have more than 12 years of experience in the business of Transportation, International logistics, customs regulations, International freight and aim to provide our clients with convenience, reliability, and affordability through our premium transportation services.
Deva Jatt Transport is looking for a Red Seal Truck and Transport Mechanic with 5+ years of experience in the heavy truck/transportation industry and with 5+ years of heavy truck repair experience. A collaborative but strong nature is essential, and the applicant’s background in parts and maintenance and the transportation industry will allow them to succeed and grow within Deva Jatt Transport.
In the position of Red Seal Truck and Transport Technician your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Review and organize work according to Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
• Minimize equipment downtime
• Ensure that all equipment, vehicles, and work areas are in compliance with all safety policies and regulations at all times
• Liaise with Operations Supervisors and drivers in a professional and team-oriented manner
• Liaise with outside vendors
• Maintain all equipment records and files
• Ensure that the shop and surrounding grounds are clean and organized at all times.
• Ensure that all work is performed safely, cost-effectively and in a timely manner
• You will be required to conduct vehicle maintenance according to established MWS policies and procedures.
• You will be required to repair waste vehicles and trucks, including troubleshooting of hydraulics and electrical systems
The successful applicant will be comfortable with prioritization, planning, coordination, and organization, with an ability to respond and adapt in changing high-pressure environments. This individual will be able to assess problem situations, recognize issues, and use judgment to create solutions that meet the required standards.
• Red Seal Certificate as Truck & Transport Technician
• Strong technical knowledge
• Valid drivers license
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Willingness to take on new challenges and grow with experience
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot faults (Hydraulic & Electrical)
• Computer knowledge and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Evening shift with some weekends and holidays
Flexibility is also required as this position occasionally requires travel, early starts, late finishes, and, on rare occasions, weekend work.
View original article here Source