Carpathia Housing Co-op Ltd is a Member owned 215-unit Housing Co-operative situated in two superb locations, Tuxedo and River Heights. Our purpose as a cooperative organization is to provide quality, affordable housing to our Members. We are committed to sound financial performance, cooperative and democratic values, with a pleasant and fulfilling environment for employees and Members.
We are looking to hire an ambitious, dedicated and organized Site Maintenance Manager who is looking to pursue a full-time position with a well-established Co-operative. This position will include office analytics along with hands on maintenance.
The Site Maintenance Manager will work under the direction of the General Manager and in partnership with the Carpathia Housing Co-op Board of Directors.
· Open minded, detailed oriented, team-player with the ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively
· Possess strong leadership skills with effective participation in a team environment
· Proven knowledge and ability in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
· Looking to participate in an exciting environment with a Cooperative that is seeking to be a game changer in the Housing Cooperative industry
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Supervisor with a Project Maintenance background including working with contractors (previous Board interaction is a plus)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Spectra or other property management software.
· Reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Able to prepare and analyze project analysis for overall Maintenance program
· Able to understand financial statements, specifically budgets
· Facilitates and promotes a collective team approach that enhances our cooperative culture and values.
· Manages the day-to-day operations of the Cooperative Maintenance program, including the administration of the Member Work order system
· Implements and maintains a maintenance inventory program including keeping it well stocked and up to date, including the purchase of suitable appliances/building materials/maintenance tools, etc according to the Board’s specs and in line with safety/code compliance
· maintains all Co-op owned capital assets including vehicles, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc and ensures they are serviced on a regular basis
· Implements and maintains a Co-op maintenance manual, ensuring each maintenance employee understands and follows it
· Hires, trains, supervises, and disciplines other maintenance staff including maintaining and tracking performance reviews, employment check in’s, KPI’s and employee programs in co-ordination with the General Manager.
· maintains required Workplace Safety, and Bonded Insurance records and prepares claims, if necessary
· Works with the General Manager & Board Directors to understand and identify areas of opportunity to achieve long-term objectives
· Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal, provincial and municipal requirements, and maintaining records.
· Identifies and recommends areas of improvement on operating maintenance procedures and restructuring
· Works with the General Manager to ensure a capital plan is developed and kept up to date, including all necessary major building repairs to be completed over a long period of time
· Retains and supervises trades people and other contractors and/or consultants, including securing quotations and negotiation of contracts, in accordance with Co-op by-laws and Board approval
· Attends all on-site meetings, oversees project implementation/schedules and advises the GM and Board of any deviations
· Completes annual thorough unit inspections for the annual budget process and capital planning
· Manages and completes, in collaboration with Office staff, the internal member work order system including delegation to maintenance staff and organizing their completion in the most effective, efficient and timely manner
· Works with the General Manager and the Board including making recommendations that improve the living standards of the Co-op Members, and encourages a pro-active and enjoyable staff working environment
· Works with the General Manager and Board on the development of a Green Strategy
Interested candidates are to submit cover letter and resume, detailing qualifications and any certifications to be considered to the General Manager. Please state any salary expectations in cover letter. While Carpathia Housing Co-op appreciates all candidates applying, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
View original article here Source