West End BIZ Street Neat Team.
Monday to Friday 5 hour days (25 hours per week).
Remove litter from sidewalks, green spaces, and other public places;
• Plant, water and maintain plants and shrubs in green spaces, street side planters and hanging baskets;
• Operate truck for watering and other job related equipment;
• Follow directions, understand and enter information to work lists using a smart phone;
• Qualified staff may be required to operate a Bobcat Toolcat for some tasks;
• Empty garbage and recycling containers from BIZ owned receptacles;
• Operate a line trimmer and push mower to remove weeds and cut tall grass;
• Trim shrubs and dead branches from trees (those within normal reach only);
• Minor repairs, including but not limited to, painting benches, garbage bins and other street furniture;
• Wash various street elements. This may require the use of a gas powered pressure washer;
• Remove small graffiti tags and posters from poles, benches or similar locations;
• Assist in large scale graffiti removal tasks under the direction of senior staff;
• Report any concerns or feedback from businesses or residents;
• Other duties or projects as required.
A valid driver’s license with a clean abstract is required.
Applicants must be between 18 and 29 years of age.
Visit www.westendbiz.ca/hiring for more information.
View original article here Source